Add a vibrant look to your outfit with this beautifully embroidered cross body bag that can also turn into a chic clutch. You can use it for a casual day out and turn it into an evening clutch bag to add a unique element to your style for the event. This bag will fill you up with energy and inspiration from the nature of birds and flowers. And you will have a unique look showing off a piece that has been hand drawn and embroidered by hand keeping traditions of generations alive.
The bag colors are very versatile:
- If you like to use bright colors and textures this will add a fun texture to it.
- If you like to wear monochromatic colors, the bag will be the only accessory you will need.
Inspiration: Flora and fauna found in the State of Chiapas.
Technique: hand embroidered with sewing machine.
Produced: State of Chiapas.
Material: 100% cotton.
Measurements (LxHxW): 31 x 19 x 1 cm.
Product care: spot clean only, dry in shade.
Handmade with care in Mexico.
- Our designer brands
We are honored to present to you Mexican designer brands that are giving a contemporary view of our handmade and ancient traditions. Each one of them has decided to take a piece of our daily traditions, have studied it, and then, with a design concept in mind, have taken it to the next level to present high-quality products with a modern view for you to be able to incorporate them into your daily life.
What makes us happy is to be able to share with you their vision in our Mexican culture, and allow you to take a piece of culture into your home.
Most of our designers work with artisans from specialized communities in the handcrafts they work on:
- They support small producers from specific communities and cooperatives.
- They incorporate the artisans into their creative process to co-create concepts that bring our ancient traditions to life. This helps the artisans to regain confidence in the work they do.
- They ensure artisans receive a fair payment for their work according to local wages.
- For textile communities, most of the artisans are women, and they are ensured equal treatment. And because if the flexibility of their handwork they can also work from home. Most of these artisans gather together to create co-operatives to work together and share experiences.
- A typical artisan working space: at home, in their cooperative, or at the "taller" (workshop) space they start the day taking care of their kids and family, then they find a comfortable space to start working on the textiles. The spaces are usually open which allows feeling the freeze and the natural sound of the animals that surround the environment.