Pass on your bread basket in the table with family and friends with this perfect size bread basket. The rectangular shape makes it easy to place in your table setting, not taking too much space. You can also use the basket for fruit and toiletries.
Inspiration: the round tortilla basket found in any Mexican home, this baskets are usually made with a lid on top, to keep the tortillas warm on the table.
Material: Natural palm, and vegetable dyes.
Measurements: 10 cm x 30 cm.
Produced: in the state of Guerrero.
Product care: clean with a damp towel. Do not place it under the sun for too long, the color might fade away.
Handmade with care in Mexico.
- Our designer brands
We are honored to present to you Mexican designer brands that are giving a contemporary view of our handmade and ancient traditions. Each one of them has decided to take a piece of our daily traditions, have studied it, and then, with a design concept in mind, have taken it to the next level to present high-quality products with a modern view for you to be able to incorporate them into your daily life.
What makes us happy is to be able to share with you their vision in our Mexican culture, and allow you to take a piece of culture into your home.
Most of our designers work with artisans from specialized communities in the handcrafts they work on:
- They support small producers from specific communities and cooperatives.
- They incorporate the artisans into their creative process to co-create concepts that bring our ancient traditions to life. This helps the artisans to regain confidence in the work they do.
- They ensure artisans receive a fair payment for their work according to local wages.
- For textile communities, most of the artisans are women, and they are ensured equal treatment. And because if the flexibility of their handwork they can also work from home. Most of these artisans gather together to create co-operatives to work together and share experiences.
- A typical artisan working space: at home, in their cooperative, or at the "taller" (workshop) space they start the day taking care of their kids and family, then they find a comfortable space to start working on the textiles. The spaces are usually open which allows feeling the freeze and the natural sound of the animals that surround the environment.