Contemporary soft decorative cushion with a dash of texture on the side. Goes as a side pillow in your living room or bedroom, and as a statement piece in your reading couch.
Inspiration: The moments collection from Coramodi comes from a detailed design process and a constant exchange of ideas between designers and artisans where the question that arises is: What is life made out of?
Technique: Pedal loom.
Material: 100% cotton.
Produced: State of Hidalgo.
Size: 30x50 cm.
Product care: hand wash in cold water, no bleach, dry in shade.
Handmade with care in Mexico.
- About Coramodi
- Our designer brands
When design honors an ancestral tradition
CORAMODI is an exclusive artisan textile brand that honors the unique Indigenous Art of Mexico.
CORAMODI means “with love” in otomi, an indigenous language of Mexico. Each one of their pieces contains the love for tradition, for details, for design and fair trade.
They believe in the extraordinary value of handcrafting. Therefore, their pieces are made by the hands of talented indigenous women who put in them part of their story and energy. The brand celebrates and supports the artisans by working directly and with weaving cooperatives of the ”Valle del Mezquital” located in Central Mexico.
Every piece is the result of a meticulous process of design that pays respect to our traditions through a contemporary language. The brand was founded in 2014 by Deni and Estefania, both designers. Their idea of reinterpreting the ancient tradition of their home region and a firm belief that beautiful design can be a force for positive change gave birth to the project.
Deni Martinez, is currently in charge of the brand, she is an architect with a master in interior design and based in Italy since 8 years ago. She lives in Milan, from where she designs and continues collaborating with artisans in Mexico to develop new products.
We are honored to present to you Mexican designer brands that are giving a contemporary view of our handmade and ancient traditions. Each one of them has decided to take a piece of our daily traditions, have studied it, and then, with a design concept in mind, have taken it to the next level to present high-quality products with a modern view for you to be able to incorporate them into your daily life.
What makes us happy is to be able to share with you their vision in our Mexican culture, and allow you to take a piece of culture into your home.
Most of our designers work with artisans from specialized communities in the handcrafts they work on:
- They support small producers from specific communities and cooperatives.
- They incorporate the artisans into their creative process to co-create concepts that bring our ancient traditions to life. This helps the artisans to regain confidence in the work they do.
- They ensure artisans receive a fair payment for their work according to local wages.
- For textile communities, most of the artisans are women, and they are ensured equal treatment. And because if the flexibility of their handwork they can also work from home. Most of these artisans gather together to create co-operatives to work together and share experiences.
- A typical artisan working space: at home, in their cooperative, or at the "taller" (workshop) space they start the day taking care of their kids and family, then they find a comfortable space to start working on the textiles. The spaces are usually open which allows feeling the freeze and the natural sound of the animals that surround the environment.