Store your 13" laptop inside this refreshing and vibrant handmade aqua & coral color cover with beautiful brocades that make it look smart and stylish. With this combination of colors and textures, you can start your workday filled with energy and inspiration. It has a very thick padding to protect your device.
Inspiration: geometric patterns used in the indigenous textiles from the Larráinzar area in the state of Chiapas.
Technique: backstrap weaving (Telar de cintura) with brocade.
Produced: By Lucy at her home in San Andrés Larráinzar, Chiapas.
Material: 100% cotton.
Measurements (LxHxW): 36x32x2.20 cm.
Product care: spot clean only, dry in shade.
Handmade with care in Mexico.
- About Folklor.co
- Our designer brands
Their motto is Co-creation. They develop pieces together with artisans that represent our cultural heritage. In the states of Chiapas and Oaxaca, they co-create textiles for unique pieces. Their bags have the same style but the textiles always change and evolve.
Folklor was born with the idea of maintaining indigenous textile traditions in a world of mass production and integrate them into modern designs. Folklor is inspired by the culture of each of the indigenous communities that collaborate with them and by their passed on centuries-old skills. Thus, creating an environment to honor our past.
Serve the future of culture
Folklor also wants to empower the communities by developing each artisan as an individual and also growing stronger indigenous communities that can sustain themselves in the future. They take part in the design process, which empowers them as individuals to value their own handwork. And at the same time they share part of their community identity with colors, patterns, and technique.
We are honored to present to you Mexican designer brands that are giving a contemporary view of our handmade and ancient traditions. Each one of them has decided to take a piece of our daily traditions, have studied it, and then, with a design concept in mind, have taken it to the next level to present high-quality products with a modern view for you to be able to incorporate them into your daily life.
What makes us happy is to be able to share with you their vision in our Mexican culture, and allow you to take a piece of culture into your home.
Most of our designers work with artisans from specialized communities in the handcrafts they work on:
- They support small producers from specific communities and cooperatives.
- They incorporate the artisans into their creative process to co-create concepts that bring our ancient traditions to life. This helps the artisans to regain confidence in the work they do.
- They ensure artisans receive a fair payment for their work according to local wages.
- For textile communities, most of the artisans are women, and they are ensured equal treatment. And because if the flexibility of their handwork they can also work from home. Most of these artisans gather together to create co-operatives to work together and share experiences.
- A typical artisan working space: at home, in their cooperative, or at the "taller" (workshop) space they start the day taking care of their kids and family, then they find a comfortable space to start working on the textiles. The spaces are usually open which allows feeling the freeze and the natural sound of the animals that surround the environment.